Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Recipe: Sweet Potato And Spinach Pakoras with Sweet and Sour Sauce — South Indian New Year’s Eve

(Image credit: Leela Cyd)

I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve been to a really great holiday party and have heard everyone tell me how wonderful the fritters are or “you have to try the croquettes,” only to find they’ve disappeared by the time I’ve made it to the table. It’s always such high hopes met with lots of longing. I tell you this because that’s exactly the sort of situation you’re likely to find yourself in when these sweet potato and spinach pakoras are on the menu.

Delicately crisp, thanks to lentil flour, and served alongside a sweet and tart tamarind sauce, this recipe from Asha Gomez, author of My Two Souths, makes about 14 fritters. But they’re a two-bite affair, so here’s my advice from the get-go: Double the recipe if you’re celebrating with the whole crew!

READ MORE »




from WordPress https://jonathanwilhoite.wordpress.com/2016/12/28/recipe-sweet-potato-and-spinach-pakoras-with-sweet-and-sour-sauce-south-indian-new-years-eve/

No comments:

Post a Comment