Thursday, January 26, 2017

Here’s How I Approach Cooking on Whole30 — 30 Days of Whole30

For 30 days this month we’re exploring Whole30, the 30-day reset and refocus on whole foods. Whole30 isn’t a diet or a judgmental labeling of foods as “good and bad.” It’s actually a simple reset that has helped many of our readers cook more and figure out the foods that make them feel their best. Read more about our coverage here.

The first time I did Whole30, I meal-planned like a champ. Breakfast was (and still is) easy, lunch was typically leftovers from the night before or some stuff to make a salad, but I always struggled with dinner.

There are plenty of Whole30 recipes that you can find in the official cookbooks or on the internet, but there’s something about these recipes that leaves me feeling unsatisfied. The truth is, I kind of hate the idea of searching for diet-based recipes; I suppose that I always feel like I’m going to get a watered-down version of what I actually want. I feel like I am depriving myself of something, which is the opposite of how I’m going to turn a program into a lifestyle.

Instead of following my gut, I was following the rules and that just wasn’t going to work for me. So what did I do about it?

READ MORE »




from WordPress https://jonathanwilhoite.wordpress.com/2017/01/26/heres-how-i-approach-cooking-on-whole30-30-days-of-whole30/

No comments:

Post a Comment