Thursday, March 30, 2017

Growing Up on 30-Minute Meals with Rachael Ray in the Suburbs — The 30-Minute Meal

My mother didn’t have the same privileges that my brother and I were accustomed to growing up, but she did have my Nana. My grandmother made sure that all seven of her children were clothed, fed, and educated. My mother always says that my Nana could not only turn lemons into lemonade, but she also planted the seeds that turned into lemon trees in her own backyard. She was the Martha Stewart of Westbury.

When my father settled our little family into the town of Bay Shore on Long Island, New York, my mother was opened to a whole new world of suburban housewives. These women thrived on carpooling, going to PTA meetings, and helping their Girl Scout leaders have the best group of girls in the system. Cooking was a totally different story than what my Nana had provided.

READ MORE »




from WordPress https://jonathanwilhoite.wordpress.com/2017/03/30/growing-up-on-30-minute-meals-with-rachael-ray-in-the-suburbs-the-30-minute-meal/

No comments:

Post a Comment