Thursday, December 14, 2017

How To Clean a Chemex — How To

Coffee aficionados love a Chemex for brewing for a group. It makes exquisite coffee and looks design-y, to boot! While I’ll admit I don’t have one myself (we keep a Moka pot and a French press at home), it’s on my aspirational list. For when I grow up.

My concern with the Chemex is that it can be tricky to clean. The cool beaker-like design is great to look at, but it can be hard to access the inner workings to scrub them. Day to day, unscented dish soap and warm water will get your Chemex clean (you can even put it into the dishwasher if you remove the wooden handle), but over time, oily coffee residue and mineral deposits from your water can start to build up and affect the flavor of the coffee, so you may want to give it a deep-clean once or twice a year, or whenever the inside starts to get cloudy.

I reached out to the brand to get their advice, and while they have their own cleaning solution and brush that they sell exactly for this purpose, they said many of their users find a vinegar solution to be easy, effective, and economical.

READ MORE »




from WordPress https://jonathanwilhoite.wordpress.com/2017/12/14/how-to-clean-a-chemex-how-to/

No comments:

Post a Comment