Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The Surprising Way Baking Soda Can Make Your Home Safer — Cleaning with Baking Soda

I recently moved south, to Raleigh, North Carolina. When we got here in August, it was hot as heck, in the 90s and extremely humid every day. But now that it’s late fall weather, I’ve been surprised at how cold it gets at night! It’s nice during the day, in the 50s and 60s, but the temperature often drops almost 30 degrees overnight. This drop is certainly a bigger difference than when I lived in Brooklyn, when warm air off the coast and the heat from all those close-together buildings kept the temperature fairly stable.

Which leads me to the one thing everyone tells me when I mention I’m new in town: We get ice here. Maybe only a couple inches of snow, ever (will I miss trudging through two feet of snow to get to the subway? Not sure!), but it heats up during the day and freezes at night, leading to icy conditions, everywhere. People freak out about the ice. It is very hilly here. Plus we have old, steep steps leading up to front porches that are tricky even when they’re bone dry. So I can imagine our steps, sidewalks, and streets will be treacherous come winter.

READ MORE »




from WordPress https://jonathanwilhoite.wordpress.com/2017/12/13/the-surprising-way-baking-soda-can-make-your-home-safer-cleaning-with-baking-soda/

No comments:

Post a Comment