Monday, September 11, 2017

The Smartest Place to Set Up a Slow Cooker in the Kitchen — Tips from The Kitchn

In my last home I had unsealed butcher block counters. They were easy to clean and generally easy to sand down when anything stained or nicked the surface. But there was one large exception: my slow cooker. The first time I ran my slow cooker when I was away during the day, I came home to find that a combination of heat and moisture from the cooker left the surface warped and stained.

For years that followed I cursed the small stain that remained from that day and always kept a baking sheet under my slow cooker while it was in use on the wood counters. That was until a Kitchn reader pointed out an easy alternative for setting up a slow cooker. It’s something that every kitchen has, is easy to clean, and safe for something that will be hot for hours on end. Any clue what it is?

READ MORE »




from WordPress https://jonathanwilhoite.wordpress.com/2017/09/11/the-smartest-place-to-set-up-a-slow-cooker-in-the-kitchen-tips-from-the-kitchn/

No comments:

Post a Comment