Monday, December 4, 2017

How To Make the Ultimate Vegan Mac and Cheese — Cooking Lessons from The Kitchn

At any summer BBQ, office potluck, Super Bowl party, or Thanksgiving dinner, the dish always scraped clean is the one that held macaroni and cheese. I have my standard stovetop and my go-to baked cheesy mac recipes down to a science, but when it comes to serving friends and family who live the vegan life, I have always come up short.

Over the years my sister and aunt have embraced vegetarianism to different degrees and for varying lengths of time. As a result, we have served tofurkey alongside turducken, and vegan gravy and stuffed acorn squash are now always part of my family’s holiday menu. This year I am building on our ultimate vegan cashew cream to make a vegan macaroni and cheese that is smooth, creamy, and cheesy.

READ MORE »




from WordPress https://jonathanwilhoite.wordpress.com/2017/12/04/how-to-make-the-ultimate-vegan-mac-and-cheese-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment