Monday, July 31, 2017

Summer Jobs: The Summer I Ran a Baseball Snack Stand — Summer Jobs

This month we’re looking back on all the strange and wonderful food jobs people have held during the summer. Whether it’s a job at a local scoop shop, a grocery store, or the concession stand at a baseball field, the skills and memories you gather in those short, hot months usually turn out to be invaluable. Here’s Bex vanKoot on her summer running her own business at a baseball field.

The summer of 1998 was one of many firsts for me. I was finishing up my first year of high school, preparing to take my beginner’s driving test, dating my first boyfriend, planning my as-yet-only trip overseas, and working my first real job at a baseball park snack stand (babysitting doesn’t count, right?). I would spend that summer learning the ins and outs of running my own business, a first that I can say now, almost 20 years later, led directly to the last decade I have spent freelancing and traveling the world.

READ MORE »




from WordPress https://jonathanwilhoite.wordpress.com/2017/07/31/summer-jobs-the-summer-i-ran-a-baseball-snack-stand-summer-jobs/

No comments:

Post a Comment