Monday, November 28, 2016

Grandma Knows Best: A 100-Year-Old Offers Her Best Cooking Tips — Video from Kitchn

Margaret Richtie takes the time to interview her 100-year-old grandmother about her solid tips of working her way around the kitchen. Margaret recalls their conversation.

From as early as I can remember, my grandma was the only real cook in my family. We had 10 children in our family, so my mom gave up on cooking before I was born. The only real, balanced meal of the week was Sunday afternoon at Grandma’s. She was an extroverted pastor’s wife and would regularly invite half the congregation over after church. Large numbers didn’t stress her out and I remember thinking it was the most delicious food I’d ever tasted. Her favorite dishes were broccoli-chicken casserole and almond-crusted chicken; always cooked to perfection, with Jell-O for dessert. They were old-fashioned recipes, but they were also the definition of comfort food. We always got to help (and “taste test”) her food when she was in the kitchen.

<p><a href=’http://www.thekitchn.com/a-100-year-old-offers-her-best-cooking-tips-video-238586′><strong>READ MORE »</strong></a></p>




from WordPress https://jonathanwilhoite.wordpress.com/2016/11/28/grandma-knows-best-a-100-year-old-offers-her-best-cooking-tips-video-from-kitchn/

No comments:

Post a Comment