Wednesday, July 19, 2017

My Summer Job: Scanning Barcodes and Finding Family at Wegmans Grocery Store — Summer Jobs

This month we’re looking back on all the strange and wonderful food jobs people have held during the summer. Whether it’s a job at a local scoop shop, a grocery store, or the concession stand at a baseball field, the skills and memories you gather in those short, hot months usually turn out to be invaluable. Here’s Shelby Vittek on her experience working at Wegmans, which was a dream come true.

If you had asked me when I was a child what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would have answered, in all seriousness, that I wanted to be a cashier. (My younger sister did too, although she often mixed up her words and stated that she wanted to be “a cash register” instead.)

When I was 15, my childhood dream came true and I started my first job as a cashier at Wegmans, the grocery store with a cult-like following.

READ MORE »




from WordPress https://jonathanwilhoite.wordpress.com/2017/07/19/my-summer-job-scanning-barcodes-and-finding-family-at-wegmans-grocery-store-summer-jobs/

No comments:

Post a Comment