Monday, October 30, 2017

How To Make Honey-Glazed Ham in the Slow Cooker — Cooking Lessons from The Kitchn

My father in-law is not a big fan of turkey and makes his love of ham at the holidays well-known. Honestly, I can relate. After spending much of the summer and fall testing turkey recipes, I’m ready for something different come November. So we started adding a ham to the family Thanksgiving menu about five years ago, but as the host (and cook), I ran into a problem: How can I season and heat a ham while the turkey is hogging all the oven time? Slow cooker ham is the solution!

Since most holiday hams come fully baked, all I have to do is load it into the slow cooker in the morning to have ham in time for lunch. As another bonus? The slow cooker can be set to warm, so the ham stays moist while we wait for that one sister-in-law who is always late.

READ MORE »




from WordPress https://jonathanwilhoite.wordpress.com/2017/10/30/how-to-make-honey-glazed-ham-in-the-slow-cooker-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment