Friday, January 26, 2018

How To Make DIY Instant Oatmeal Cups — Cooking Lessons from The Kitchn

Recently I found myself hitting the snooze button one too many times, then hurtling breakfast at my kids while trying to get us all out the door before the school bell rang. Skipping breakfast during that rush, I’d come home to cold eggs or oatmeal. Feeling cranky that no one was really enjoying breakfast and that I was starting my day without the energy I needed, I decided on a solution that was industriously DIY.

Oatmeal cups aren’t new, but they’ve been filling the supermarket shelves more than ever in the last few years. Quaker Oats and Bob’s Red Mill each have overnight or classic warm versions of ready-to-heat-and-eat oats for breakfast on the run. This cozy DIY version can be made in a hurry, and the result is a slightly sweet, super-creamy cup of oatmeal that allows our family a staggered breakfast that is completely customizable to each person’s tastes and schedule.

READ MORE »



from WordPress https://jonathanwilhoite.wordpress.com/2018/01/26/how-to-make-diy-instant-oatmeal-cups-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn/

No comments:

Post a Comment